Saturday, November 16, 2013

Albany, WA

The last weekend in October we drove about five hours south of Perth to Albany and spent a few days exploring what this place had to offer. I was worried about this trip because I had talked to few Australians about Albany before going and most told me that there wasn't much of anything there. Sure, the town was small and the weather was about ten degrees cooler than Perth, but the scenery in and all around Albany was ridiculous. We walked the tree top walk called The Valley of the Giants, and spent time in Greens Pool hangin' out on the elephant rocks. Then we went to the Gap and Natural Land Bridge in Torndirrup National Park. The last day we stopped by another beach on the Great Australian Bight before trekking five hours back to Curtin. Oh, also, on the way home we stopped at Gnomesville...which was, without a doubt, the weirdest place I've ever been. People from all over leave garden gnomes here and it's huge! Gnomes everywhere waaaaaat! Anyway, this southern area of Australia shares the same ocean as Antarctica, the Southern Ocean, which is beyond gnarly. Honestly, words and pictures don't do this place justice. You really should see it for yourself. I guess that's how I've felt with every place I've traveled to within Oz.

Here's a few of my photos:












No comments:

Post a Comment