Saturday, June 8, 2013

Reflection

a.) Learning about currency exchange, transportation, markets, and culture shock ("expect the unexpected") in this class throughout the quarter will be most directly applicable to understanding how the world works. All of these topics were discussed in detail about countries all over the world and I was able to specifically research my study abroad country, which enabled me to think about the world in a more economic way than I previously had.

b.) I will most likely keep up with global news in order to continue learning economically, and I will definitely keep up with current Australian news before I leave and throughout my stay there. I was absent on the day we went over urban planning, so I think I'd also like to learn more about that topic since I was unable to attend class.

c.) My advice to future students taking this class is that if you are planning on studying abroad the following year, this class is extremely valuable to your preparation. Even if you're not planning on studying abroad through Kalamazoo College, this class may encourage you to travel or study abroad in the future. I would suggest this class to students outside of business or economics majors, mainly because I'm a biology/pre-med/environmental science major and science majors rarely get the chance to take a class outside their major. This class was very friendly towards non-economics/business students and was really a entertaining and valuable class. I enjoyed learning and discussing topics that I rarely get to learn about as a biology major. I think that this is a very beneficial sophomore seminar, especially since many sophomores are getting ready for study abroad. (And if you aren't studying abroad...maybe this class will change your mind!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment